Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Looks Like We Made It After All

Not back into writing mode yet as I've just dropped off the family at the airport and have yet to come even close to unpacking or situating myself here in Portland. However, I'm here and I'm happy. I'm also seriously contemplating the purchase of a home, but that might be a tad unrealistic at this juncture. I just can't bare the thought of paying rent to someone else. Especially if that someone else is anything like my last landlord or is the owner of some sad one bedroom apartment. Hendrix and I need space. We need room to stretch out our legs and store all our stuff. We need a backyard where we can hangout and enjoy the sunshine.

But housing isn't cheap here in PDX and there's no way anyone's giving this lady a mortgage. Hmph. I'll search anyway because you never know. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment