Friday, September 4, 2009

Turn and Face the Strange Ch-Cha-Changes


Leaving my Grandma's house two weeks ago David Bowie's Changes happened to be playing on the only station in the La Crosse area I can stand to listen to. I found it extremely apropos and when I heard it again today it got me to thinking about what a different direction I have decided to go.

A year ago I was searching for a job I didn't want to stay in a city I didn't like. I was mourning (again) the loss of my life in London and trying to find a way to reconcile with my friends there and myself. I was trying to look for the greener grass while being stuck in the desert. I was allowing life to happen to me.

Today I am in a city I am eager to get to know and I am excited about my prospects here. I still find myself homesick for London on an almost daily basis, but I have forgiven myself for not making it back (yet). I am about to take the first step on the road of the rest of my life, and I'm anxious to see what lies ahead. I am no longer a bystander of my own life; I am an active participant.

No comments:

Post a Comment