Thursday, August 6, 2009

Patsy and Becky Go to Stockholm (Wisconsin)


One of the best things about being home this summer has been spending so much time with one of my oldest and dearest friends, Jill/Patsy. We're both busy ladies, so we don't get to talk very often when I'm off living here or there, and most of the time I'm only home for a week so I only see her once for a short period of time. Fortuitously, she and her husband only live a mile from my Gram's, so I've been able to see her several times a week. Our latest adventure was to Stockholm...Wisconsin.

I drive past this cute little town every time I drive from La Crosse to my parent's in Baldwin and have always wanted to stop (by always I mean for the last month). I roped in Patsy and we were off.

Stockholm is filled with cute little shops and restaurants. There's also a winery/cidery that was closed, much to my dismay. We spent the morning shopping and after an unsuccessful attempt at the winery had lunch at Gelly's. I'd been craving a bloody mary for weeks (don't judge) and was pleased to find that there's came highly recommended. As a connoisseur I had to try. Perfectly spiced and marvelously garnished, I was not disappointed.

Although completely stuffed from lunch we had to stop at the Nelson Creamery on the way home. Sadly, we were too full to adequately take in the fabulous meat and cheese selection, but we did manage to make room for a strawberry ice cream cone. I'm not sure I can say it's better than The Pearl, but at only $1 (!) a cone I'd say it's close. Either way, it was well worth the digestional discomfort.

No comments:

Post a Comment