Saturday, January 16, 2010

No Re-wear Challenge

I have entirely too many clothes. I spend entirely too much money on buying new clothes. In an attempt to break this terrible habit and safe myself some major moola I am initiating the "No Re-wear Challenge".

I'm pretty sure I didn't wear the same thing to class twice last semester so this really shouldn't be a challenge, but the general idea is that I cannot wear the same outfit twice. Ultimately, I want to see how many days I can go without wearing the same thing twice. This is not to say I can't wear the same article of clothing twice. However, my one stipulation is that no more than two elements of an outfit can be worn together more than once. I'm not worrying about lounge wear and will only count outfits Monday through Saturday (unless there is some important Sunday activity that necessitates a fabulous outfit). I'll only post the best three outfits here so as not to bore my readers. So...here goes nothing...

New York State of Mind
This week I've been obsessing about booking a ticket to New York this spring and I'm pretty sure this obsession crossed over into my outfit choices for the week.

Monday - First day of classes! (Or channeling my inner hipster)

Sweater: Old Navy
T-shirt: Gap
Jeans: H&M
Belt: So old I can't remember
Shoes: Steven (from Nordstrom)



Tuesday - Back to school, back to school


Sweater: H&M
T-shirt: Target (gift from Tara Friend)
Skirt: Old Navy
Tights: Target
Boots: E-bay
Scarf: Inherited from Tara Friend (she left it at my flat in London YEARS ago and now I get too many compliments on it to give it back :-/)
Coat: Old Navy
Bracelets: Accessorize and Primark


Friday - Happy Hour!

Dress: Old Navy
Blazer: Old Navy
Tights: Target
Boots: E-bay
Bracelets: gift from my Boy Bestie's mum
Necklace: Freshy Fig (etsy)

Number of No Re-wear Days: 6

**Writer's note: I know I need to work on the lighting and self-portraits. Thank you for your patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment