Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ground Control to Major Kelly

I have recently come to the realization that this semester is silently kicking my ass. I have slowly but surely gotten myself behind and I am not entirely sure how I am going to catch up, but I am currently living in the possible delusion that it will absolutely happen. After spring break, of course. Life (as far as school is concerned) has no choice but to get better after spring break.

In the meantime, I have somehow unhooked my anchor and am presently floating around the atmosphere of my mind. I started graduate school certain that I wanted to spend the rest of my life on a college campus. When I discovered that in order to work at a university counseling center I would have to get a PhD, I was game. I immediately started investigating my options. However, slowly but surely I started to allow other options to creep in and have recently become increasingly passionate about one of these options.

Those of you who know me well know that this is pretty natural for me. I am constantly changing my mind, switching gears and roaring off in another direction. With this in mind, I am nervous to even say the words aloud. What if this is just another one of my cockamamie ideas that will fall by the weigh side as quick as the rest? But, what if it's not? What if I have actually stumbled on something I actually want to do with the rest of my life? Scary. Maybe I need to give Plan B (not the birth control pill) a closer look.

1 comment: