Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Direct Correlation Between the Size of my Waist and the Size of my Wardrobe

In an effort to keep up with my No Re-wear Challenge (which is still going strong, despite my lack of posting on the matter) I have been doing some more closet shopping. Having dropped almost 10 pounds and probably more since the last time I wore some of these things, it isn't much of a surprise that most of them went straight into the Buffalo Exchange/Goodwill pile after wearing. What has been a little surprising though is that two pairs of jeans I purchased over Christmas break are now too big. Now, I know what you're saying "Oh, poor girl, losing too much weight" and you're right...poor girl.

Perhaps for the first time in my life I am making a genuine attempt at keeping my finances under control and my credit card in my wallet. With this in mind, my shopping has been kept to a minimum. These days it is mostly sports bras, running leggings and socks. It's pretty easy to justify these purchases when I wear them every day. While I have replaced a few items, I am desperately trying to hold off on any major purchases until my trip to New York this spring.

In the meantime, my give away bags are bursting at the seams and the amount of free hangers in my closet quickly closes in on the number of occupied ones. I'm also trying to get very creative with ways to keep making original outfits and not being too bothered by the fact that they might be a little baggier than I prefer. It's all about self-control and discipline. Who knew that getting in shape would require me to apply these tactics to my finances too?

No comments:

Post a Comment